The 12 Directives of BJJ as translated by Rolles Gracie
1. To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
2. To speak to all of happiness, health, and prosperity.
3. To give all your friends the feeling that they have value.
4. To look at the bright side and turn your optimism into eventual reality.
5. To think only the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best.
6. To be as fair and as enthusiastic about the success of others as of your own.
7. To forget the mistakes of the past and focus your energy on the achievements of the future.
8. To always keep the person next t you happy, and always smile to those who address you.
9. To expend the greatest time improving yourself, and no time criticizing others.
10. To be too great to feel uneasiness, too noble to feel rage, too happy to feel setbacks, and strong enough to feel fear.
11. To have a good opinion of yourself and proclaim it to the world. Not with resounding words, but with good works.
12. To have the firm conviction that the world is on your side, as long as you stay loyal to what is best in you.
The above list is from (at least where I got it from ) Martin Rooney’s Ultimate Warrior Workouts, I do not know if it appeared in whole or in part in any other work. I found several instances of it in on the internet on various message boards, etc. I take its words and its lineage at face value. I posted it here for one reason. So that I can access it anywhere. I can’t always be digging out my copy of Ultimate Warrior Workouts, or any of Martin’s excellent other books, Warrior Cardio and Training for Warriors.